If you’ve still not planned you’re getaway this year, the Htoo Htet Tayza blog is here to help, with 2014’s five most glamorous holiday destinations!
Travel Broadens the Mind
You know what they say about all work and no play! Even the most dedicated of professionals needs to take a break every once in a while to recharge. What better way to rejuvenate, than taking a week off, hopping on a plane, and jetting off to an exotic foreign destination.
But aren’t you sick of the same old places; Ibiza, Mykonos, Tenerife etc. I personally look for new experiences and the adventure of a lifetime from my vacations, so I can come back with a new perspective on life, which I can then apply to my entrepreneurial ventures at home; after all, they do say that travel broadens the mind!
Htet Tayza’s Top Five Emerging Exotic Holiday Destinations
That’s why I’m always looking for the emerging travel hotspots, and this year, there’s no hotter hotspot (literally), than these five emerging exotic holiday destinations:
- Cape Town, South Africa: Elected World Design capital 2014, Cape Town offers a whole host of new experiences. Check out Truth, currently billed as the world’s coolest café, sample mouth-watering cuisine in eateries Test Kitchen and Pot Luck Club & Gallery or get a feel for daily life in Cape Town at the charming Neighbourhoods market.
- Bordeaux, France: If you have a taste for the classic Bordeaux vintage, why not take the chance to bear witness to its home, with a trip to Bordeaux, France. The countryside is stunning, with acres and acres of vineyards, as far as the eye can see. If you’re a true wine enthusiast, check out theCAPC Musée D’Art Contemporain de Bordeaux, in the Northern Docklands, to find out more about the regions historic wine trade.
- Iran: No, I’m not joking. The Islamic Republic is fast becoming a must visit holiday destination, due to the Danube Express’ first-of-its-kind 15 day train journey across the country. Highlights include Tehran itself, the imposing beauty of the Zagros Mountains and the picturesque Bavanat valley.
- Rabat, Morocco: Despite being the country’s capital, Rabat is often passed over for cities like Marrakech, Fez or even Casablanca by tourists; but it really shouldn’t be. Rabat has a number of attractions, including a historic Medina, plenty of Souks and a stunning “new town” in the French colonial style that’ll leave you spellbound.
- Yunnan, China: A heavy favourite of domestic tourists, Yunnan, in China’s South West, is a relative unknown to travellers beyond the People’s Republic’s borders, and it’s the rest of us who are missing out. Known for its drastic scenery and cultural diversity, Yunnan is picturesque; all stunning countryside and traditional little villages, and is even home to Dali, which is fast becoming the capital of China’s growing bohemian sub-culture. If you want a once in a lifetime experience, you have to visit the rice terraces of Yuanyang – there are literally no words to describe how amazing it is!
They say travel broadens the mind, and these five destinations, in their own way, will each supply you with a host of new life experiences, which you can then use to add a new perspective to every aspect of your daily life!