In an attempt to help broaden your minds to the possibilities of travel, this week on the Htet Tayza blog, I list five international landmarks you need to visit.
Travel Gives Any Entrepreneur the Edge They Need
If you’re a regularly follower of the Htet Tayza blog, you’ll know by now that I’m a strong advocate for travel. Quite simply put, the life experiences; the people you meet, the different cultures you encounter, can’t be discovered any other way. It’s these unique experiences that provide any young entrepreneur with the perspective they need to gain the edge on the road to success.
Of course one of the things you have to do when visiting any international hub – London, New York, Madrid, Tokyo etc. is to visit their landmarks. These are historical, artistic structures or natural phenomenon which can provide unique insight into the culture you are visiting.
Take the Time to Visit These Five Stunning Landmarks
There are many landmarks across the world I’d advise you visit, but since you don’t have a life time, I’d suggest you start with the following five and take it from there…
- The Tower of London: London’s history is practically infused into its concrete, which means you never know where to start when you visit the UK capital. I’d suggest the daunting Tower of London, which was used for centuries to house criminals destined for the hangman’s noose. It’ll change your life.
- The Sacre Coeur: Whilst many would make the Eiffel Tower their first stop on a trip to Paris, I’d suggested you swing by the Sacre Coeur Basilica beforehand. This stunning Roman Catholic Church and minor Basilica is a triumph in French architecture, and will give you an education when it comes to the famous French concept of beauty.
- The Golden Temple: If you’re looking to gain more understanding of the complex nature of religion, as well as the role it plays in the shaping of human society, you have to visit the Golden Temple when in India. The gold-leaf covered place of Sikh worship dazzles with beauty, yet comes with a deeply troubled past I really think everyone needs to learn about.
- Alcatraz: We’ve all heard the stories of Al Capone – the infamous 1920’s mobster – and all loved them, which is why if you’re ever as far out as San Francisco, I’d suggest you take the time to visit Alcatraz island, and it’s infamous prison. One hour in that place, and you’ll gain a whole new perspective on the issue of justice.
- The Galapagos Islands: There is no better place to gain a better understanding of the natural world that infuses the culture in which we live than the Galapagos Islands, off the coast of Ecuador. Go and you’re sure to come away a changed person, after getting the opportunity to swim with the islands’ fascinating turtles, play with its adorable sea lions and laugh along with its delightful penguins!
There are Many, Many Landmarks You Should Take the Time to Visit
I wish I’d had more time; these are only five of the many, many global landmarks that I believe, Htet Tayza readers, you should be taking the time visit when you get the chance to trot around the world. Each and every one will give you a whole new perspective that will enrich your life in a thousand small ways.
Htet Tayza, Escape Gastro Bar