Success requires an entrepreneur to go above and beyond the call of duty, which is why this week on the Htet Tayza blog I let you know how to make the most of your commute.
Time is Money
As the old saying goes ‘time is money,’ and in the fast paced modern world, that phrase proves more true now than it has throughout the entire span of human history.
Yet modern life also forces many of us to waste time just to get to work. The commute is a nightmare, but you shouldn’t let it sap your productivity. If you get creative, it’s entirely possible to make the most out your commute and use your time effectively as a young entrepreneur starting out on the road to success.
Five Ways to Make the Most of Your Commute
If you want to ensure you use every second effectively, read on. Here are five tips that’ll help you get started on making the most of your commute…
- Make a To Do List: If you have nothing else to do, or you can’t get Wi-Fi, why not spend your commute making a to do list? That way you’ll be more organised when you get into work, proving more productive in the office.
- File Documents on a Cloud: If your method of transport offers adequate Wi-Fi services, it’s a good idea to file your work documents on a Cloud management system. By doing this you can access your documents anywhere and do work on the way into the office.
- Take Advantage of Your Smartphone: These days you can get 3G Wi-Fi just about anywhere. Therefore, one way to make the most of your commute is to take advantage of your smartphone on the way to work. You could link it up to your work email account, so you can get the bothersome task of reading and answering emails out of the way before you get into the office.
- Bring a Paper and Pen: Entrepreneurs need to make sure they keep their creative juices flowing. Now is the time to brainstorm ideas that could make you make your first million. Just look at J.K Rowling. She thought of the Harry Potter novels on a train and she’s gone on to become one of the most successful authors the world has ever seen.
- Use the Time to Relax: As the head of an emerging business, you’re no good to anybody if you’re not at your best. Therefore, you can make the most of your commute by using the time to relax, so you’re ready to take the world by storm once you step into the office.
Falling Behind Your Competitors
Remember this. If you don’t use your time effectively in this fast-paced, cut-throat world of modern business you’ll fall behind. Your competitors won’t be wasting time, which is why you need to make the most of your commute if you want to make it as a young entrepreneur starting out on the road to success.